If you own a Grande Punto in India, especially, one of those 2013 models that look like the one in the picture above, there’s good news! You can now update your Blue&Me™ to the most current version – version 8 (click to enlarge pic below). UPDATE: Version 9 is now available for download. No change in update procedure.
For the sake of simplicity, I have uploaded the Blue&Me™ version 8 on Dropbox. Just download and follow the instructions on the PDF that reads like this:
(Note: If you don’t want to download this direct, but want to go through all steps to download the file, I’ve posted another version here for your reference)
- Arrange a USB memory stick, formatting it in FAT32 mode to erase all previous data
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and place all contents on the root of the memory stick
- With vehicle stopped and ignition key turned to STOP, place the memory stick in the Blue&Me™ USB port located in the central console or in the glove compartment
- Turn the ignition key to the MAR-ON position, WITHOUT STARTING THE CAR, cancel any warning messages (e.g. door open…) on the display by pressing the “Mode” or “Menu” button (depending on the vehicle to be updated)
- The instrument panel displays the message: ” UPDATING ” or “UPDATE IN PROGRESS” and the voice message “update started” is reproduced. If this does not occur, turn the key to STOP position and to MAR-ON again. During update, the display shows some messages about the progress
- At the end of the update, the instrument panel display shows the message “COMPLETE” (“UPDATE COMPLETE”)
IMPORTANT: READ NOW
When the update started in my Grande Punto, the console displayed ‘UPDATING’ and it disappeared after a few seconds. I was a little confused as to whether the update is in progress or it got interrupted mid-way. However, after waiting for a couple of minutes or so, I saw the console display ‘INSTALLING’ and then went blank in a second or so. Later, after nearly 2 minutes, I could see the display flashing ‘COMPLETED’.
In short, you need to have a lot of patience. Don’t fiddle around with the controls when the update is happening.
What’s new with the update: Well, I don’t see anything new. It’s still the same Microsoftish junk of a software. However, it feels good to have the latest version of Blue&Me™ on our beloved Grande Punto.
Related to Grande Punto: